Avantgarde Translations defines quality as combining the very best in expertise with meticulous attention to the processes and details involved in each and every project.
Our quality assurance process considers many factors:
- PERSPECTIVE IN THE ORIGINAL LANGUAGE: By first gaining a perspective of the document in its original language, we can then proceed to translate it in the alternate language or languages.
- THE INTENTION OF THE COMMUNICATION: We take into consideration every nuance of what is written and all the information which needs to be effectively communicated according to the purpose of the document. The intent of the communication must be understood and established even before the translation process can begin.
- CULTURAL RAMIFICATIONS: Since we know that this is not typically the core competency of our clientele, we know that you are relying on us to understand not only the language, but the cultural ramifications of how a document is translated.
- ELECTRONIC AND HANDS-ON EDITING: To ensure accuracy and to create checks and balances during proofreading and reviewing a translated document, we use highly qualified editors and proofreaders in addition to software that electronically assists translations and reviews at various stages of the process.
- CONSISTENCY CHECKS: There are some subjective aspects of translation, which can be dictated by industry, writing style, or company terminology. We establish standards and guidelines to ensure that these client-specific aspects of a translation are taken into consideration from one project to the next.
- CROSS REFERENCING: To avoid assumptions and misunderstandings, our quality process not only covers initial inquiries to clarify ambiguities and information, which could be misinterpreted, but also applies internal cross referencing to confirm that the translation is not changing or assuming an incorrect meaning.
- USABLE & ACTIONABLE: It is imperative that our clients are able to immediately put the final delivered document to its intended use. Excellence in translation means delivering a document that reinforces total confidence in us as a part of your communications team.